Do you want cool things to happen in the neighborhood? Commotion West Berkeley crowd-funds exciting projects like murals, community gardens, parklets, public art, pop-up events, etc.
Pay into the fund (in monthly installments) and you’ll be invited to the private events where we'll decide which projects get funded.
Or propose a project and perhaps we'll help you bring it to fruition.
Sound like fun? It won’t happen unless you step up.
Together we can be a force for community engagement.
Tax exempt status is available on request.
Email for detais.
We are a group of enthusiasts for our community.
We want to see things happen and we are willing to pay it forward to get things started. We support projects that foster community, pride of place, buzz, excitement, fun, quirkiness, and design. We’d like to see more of that in our neighborhood.
Lawrence Grown, Metro Lighting
Christa Rybczynski, Metro Lighting
Julie McCray, SHOH Gallery
Jill McCoy, Visual Jill
Joe Cordes, AutoMate Scientific
Noll & Tam Architects
Scott McGlashan, McGlashan Architecture
Emily Morgan, Ashby Lumber
Todd Jersey Architecture
Anni Tilt, Arkin Tilt Architects
Laura Leaverton, Berkeley arts enthusiast
Other contributors include: Jim Guthrie: Hub+Weber Architects, Sean Kenmore: Affinity Capital Advisors,
Reyna Bernstein, Diana Jensen, Rebecca Herman, and Felipe Fernandez.
Building community, one project at a time.
SUPPORTING LOCAL ARTISTS
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
NEXT RFP SUMMER/FALL 2021
CommotionWB exists to foster community engagement projects in West Berkeley.
In these challenging times we offer a small positive opportunity.
- We are seeking projects that bring people together (safely) to build pride-of-place and a better world.
- They might be fun, artful, and quirky, (pop-up events, etc.) or serious, political, and urgent (BLM, Stop AAPI Hate, etc.)
- We envision community gardens, murals, public art, and pop-up events to be among the types of projects we will fund.
- Our total grant funding each cycle is $3000. We will either fund a single larger project or multiple smaller ones. The proposed grant amount can be the total project budget, or you can leverage this money to raise funds separately.
- Projects must be able to be completed within 3 months of the grant award.
- Projects will receive funding as determined by popular vote of the Commotion West Berkeley donors.
- Funding will be made or not made at the sole discretion of this group.
- Multiple projects might be funded, or the funds might be rolled over for future projects.
- Funding arrangements will depend upon the structure of the project.
- As a stipulation of reward, funding recipients will be required to certify that the funds will be expended as indicated in the proposal, provide receipts for expenditures, and will submit a project summary with photo documentation of the project results.